~The Palace of Groove~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~The Palace of Groove~

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your favourite comic book characters?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toki
Admin
Toki

Your favourite comic book characters? Empty
PostSubject: Your favourite comic book characters?   Your favourite comic book characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:20 am

I know not too many of you are heavy comic book readers, but surely you have at least one favourite comic book character/super hero? I couldn't settle on just one so, I went ahead and made a list of my absolute favourites:

#5 Superman (Clark Kent, Kal El)

Your favourite comic book characters? 2cho0gy

The Man of Tomorrow, himself... Superman. He's the basis for every super hero to come after him. The last son of his dying planet, he grows up on his adoptive planet of Earth, and makes it his duty to use his otherworldly powers to protect its weak inhabitants. He has all this great power and strength, he could do anything he wanted to on Earth, but he chooses to stand for justice. Even death itself at the hands of Doomsday could not stop him. Superman is truly the epitome of what a superhero should be.

#4 Mister Miracle (Scott Free)

Your favourite comic book characters? 2cgljee

Scott Free, the world's greatest escape artist. Scott fights crime as his alter-ego, Mister Miracle, who as a young man, fled from his oppressive planet of Apokolips. He and fellow Apokoliptian escapee, Big Barda, settled on Earth and became husband and wife. Scott became an apprentice of an expert escape artist. But soon, tragedy struck, and his mentor was murdered in cold blood. And with the costume his mentor wore, Scott took on the persona of Mister Miracle, who would from that day forth use his skills to fight crime as a sort of super hero MacGyver. Mister Miracle gets cool points for being referenced in the Black Sabbath song "Trashed" off the album Born Again.

#3 Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

Your favourite comic book characters? 2dl56dv

A little kid who gets to turn in to a mighty super hero after being granted magical powers by a wizard. It's every little boy's fantasy. Captain Marvel is known as Earth's Mightiest Mortal, and he's the only hero whose strength can match that of Superman. After speaking the name of the wizard who grants him his power, Shazam, Captain Marvel gains the power of the mightiest of men: S, for the knowledge of Solomon. H, for the strength of Hercules. A, for the stamina of Atlas. Z, for the power of Zeus. A, for the courage of Achilles. And M, for the speed of Mercury. Essentially, Captain Marvel is the greatest of Gods, all in one body. Making him a guy you don't want to mess with.

#2 Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Your favourite comic book characters? 5xoaxw

Despite many character changes, I've always the loved Green Lantern. Whether he's Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Steward, Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner, the character is always done well. The whole idea behind being given a ring by cosmic guardians of the universe that can do practically anything your imagination can will it to do is amazing. He's also one character whose power, i think, is a bit underestimated. If a member of the Green Lantern Corp. wanted to, he could probably go toe-to-toe with Superman. But of course, they're too busy protecting the entire universe from destruction and having epic space fights to worry about one little Kryptonian.

#1. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Your favourite comic book characters? 15q2bm1

And last but not least, the world's greatest detective... Batman. For as long as I can remember, Batman has been my favourite super hero. He didn't have to rely on being a super human with incredible powers to get the job done. Batman always used his intellect and natural ability to be a badass to fight crime. I mean, he witnessed his parents murdered as a child, trained with ninja assassins as a young adult, and goes on to fight some of the coolest villains in the DC universe. And he does all of this while maintaining his rich playboy persona as alter-ego, Bruce Wayne.

Back to top Go down
https://palaceofgroove.forumotion.com
PrettyWhiteSnowflake

PrettyWhiteSnowflake

Your favourite comic book characters? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite comic book characters?   Your favourite comic book characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:59 am

#5 Emma Frost
Your favourite comic book characters? 300px-emma_frost_007

#4 Spawn (Al Simmons)
Your favourite comic book characters? Spawn_classic

#3 Deadpool (Wade Wilson)
Your favourite comic book characters? Deadpool_final

#2 The Darkness (Jackie Estacado)
Your favourite comic book characters? The_darkness_comic

#1 Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Your favourite comic book characters? Moon%20knight
Back to top Go down

Your favourite comic book characters?